Introduction to Maintenance Skills – 10 Day Mechanical Programme
Duration: 10 Days
Cost: £1,950 + VAT
8th – 19th May
2nd – 13th October
Please enquire for more dates.
SETA TRAINING CENTRE, CONFERENCE FACILITIES AND SKILLS ACADEMY
18 Hammond Avenue
Introduction to Maintenance Skills 10 Day Mechanical Programme
To provide delegates with the necessary skills, knowledge and safe working practices to enable them to undertake a range of maintenance skills including adjustments of mechanical equipment.
Delegates should have some previous knowledge of plant operation and an understanding of workplace health & safety.
– Statutory regulations including hygiene requirements
– Safe system of work, safe operating procedure
– Guarding of plant & machinery
– Personal Protective Equipment
– Kinetic Lifting Techniques
– Isolation procedures
– Reading & interpreting engineering drawings with particular reference to maintenance requirements
– Micrometers, verniers
– Correct use of a range of hand tools to include files, hammers, saws, spanners, allen keys and torque wrenches
– Correct methods to check, adjust, maintain & rectify a range of mechanical equipment to include:
– Gears & gearboxes
– Material transfer systems including shafts, couplings, belt & chain drives
– Removal & replacement of bearings including ball, roller and plain bearings
– Brakes & clutches
– Alignment techniques
– Tensioning – belts & chains
– Principles of fault diagnosis
– Fault diagnosis
Successful completion of the course will result in the issue of a SETA certificate of completion.
This training could also contribute to the achievement of an NVQ Level 2 Unit Mechanical Maintenance.
- Interpreting Information
- Hand Tools
- Transmission Systems
- Fault Finding