Forklift Truck Health and Safety Training (in-company)
For further dates & information on this course please contact Stella Mitchell:
Phone: 0161 480 9822
Duration: 1-3 Days
A one day course can be booked for refresher candidates however novices must book 3 days to gain certification.
Cost: only £295 + VAT per day
Price £295 + VAT per day for the delivery of the course on company premises by expert trainer.
Course size is a maximium of 6 for refresher candidates but a maximum of 3 for novices.
This training is held on company premises.
Dates are to suit your requirements and availability of trainers.
Forklift Truck Health and Safety Training
Anyone operating forklift machinery must be trained to meet the UK & European Union forklift driving regulations. The Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations requires every employer to be sure anyone who uses work equipment has received adequate training and holds Certificates of Basic Training, issued by an approved training provider. SETA delivers Forklift Truck Novice training, refresher training and familiarisation training for delegates who have some prior experience of forklift trucks.
SETA has highly trained and qualified instructors. To ensure training is of the highest quality and flexibility for Employers:
- All training and testing is carried out by registered instructors.
- Training is on employer’s premises using the vehicles that the trainee will use under working conditions.
- Separate programmes are available for ‘experienced’ and ‘new’ operators.
- All training is to the standards required by the controlling authority and conforms to the requirements of Health & Safety Executive Approved Code of Practice – The Basic Trainin of Operators of Counterbalance and Reach-Lift Trucks.
- Training can be designed to include a Company’s particular operating system e.g loading containers, use of attachments, etc.
- Certificates are issued to trainees who successfully complete a test of basic operating skills
OPERATOR SAFETY COURSE
The accident statistics associated with internal transport vehicles continue to show a significant annual increase, consequently the Health & Safety Executive has introduced the following recommendations:
Approved Code of Practice – The Basic Training of Operators of Counterbalanced and Reach-Lift Trucks
Guidance note on Lift-Truck Operator Training These recommendations form the basis of a 1 to 3 day course which is specifically intended for fork lift truck operators although it does not, in itself, qualify a person to operate such a truck. A practical test of basic operating skills is also required and this can be arranged in-company
- The importance of safe operation
- Correct materials handling procedures
- Load capacity of vehicles
- Fork lift truck applications
- The importance of good maintenance of fork lift trucks
- Approved Code of Practice
- Types and applications of fork lift trucks
- Selection, training, certification and authorisation of operators
- Correct operating procedures
- Load capacity and vehicle stability
- Use of attachments
- Protective clothing
- Vehicle maintenance
- Refuelling and recharging
- Storage systems and work areas
- Responsibility for non-employees
- PUWER Regulations 1998
- LOLER Regulations 1998
For further course information, advice and to book this course please contact Stella Mitchell:
phone: 0161 480 9822