£249 +VAT Per Person
Duration: 1 Day
0161 480 9822
Click to email Stella Mitchell on email@example.com
Places are limited for this course, if the next date is not suitable please contact for further dates and availability.
NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Manual Handling Risk Assessment
Prevention and control of work-related musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) is a major priority globally. Manual handling is one of the main causes of musculoskeletal disorders.
This qualification aims to help you address this, by providing the knowledge and tools required to identify manual handing risks and more importantly, prioritise controls to protect workers. This course is suitable for anyone involved in assessing the impact of manual handling activities in the workplace including:
– Health and safety professionals
– Workplace champions
– Employee representatives
– Occupational health practitioners
The course programmes includes:
- Understanding why reducing the risks associated with manual handling activities is important
- Explaining what manual handling risks are and how they may result in injury
- Learning how to use HSE tools to:
- assess manual handling risks in a simple and logical way
- interpret, categorise, and communicate the level of risk identified for known risk factors associated with manual handling activities
- Practice appropriate manual handling risk assessment technique
- Apply wider elements of risk management for manual handling
How is this assessed?
A practical assessment is completed at the end of the course. After watching a video of a workplace scenario, you will be asked to complete a manual handling risk assessment using HSE tools and templates you will have learnt about through your studies.
No formal previous health and safety knowledge is required. However, NEBOSH recommends students to have an underpinning knowledge of health and safety issues.
English language skill level 6 or higher in IELTS, or equivalent is recommended, but not mandatory, for those whom the first language is not English.
Course Duration: 1 Day
Course Times: 09.00 to 17.00
Course Venue: SETA, South Reddish Stockport, SK4 1PQ