NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety
5 Days + 1 Day Open Book Examination (24 hr)
£695 +VAT per person
Price inclusive of examination registration & certification fees, text books, course materials, lunches & refreshments
Day Release: 02, 15, 17, 22 May & 05 June 2023
FSC1 Examination Day (Open Book Examination): 07 June
For further dates & information on this course please contact Stella Mitchell:
Phone: 0161 480 9822
18 Hammond Avenue
NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety
(FSC1 & FSC2)
May - June 2023
FSC1 Examination Day (Open Book Examination) 07 June
November - December 2023
Day Release: 07, 13. 20, 27 November & 04 December 2023
FSC1 Examination Day (Open Book Examination) 06 December
Will enable responsible persons, to conduct suitable and sufficient fire risk assessments in low and medium risk premises
Who will benefit:
People with fire safety responsibilities at work. It is particularly relevant for those who contribute to, or conduct and review fire risk assessments. It will enable them to identify preventative and protective measures within low and medium fire risk workplaces. Holders of the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety are entitled to Associate Membership (AIOSH) of IOSH. The qualification also meets the academic requirements for technician status within the Institute of Fire Prevention Officers (IFPO) and practical experience may give associate membership of the same
No previous health and safety knowledge is required although it is advisable that candidates have an understanding of the basic practical aspects of Health & Safety. It should also be noted that the examination includes an open book examination and the conducting of a fire risk assessment
Programme: This is a standalone qualification (No other unit qualification required)
The qualification is divided into two units, each of which is assessed separately:-
Unit FSC1 – Open Book Examination (24 hours)
Unit FSC2 – A practical assessment to be carried out in your workplace (or other workplace) and submitted by email to SETA
Elements for the Fire Safety Certificate:
- Managing fire Safety
- Principles of fire and explosion
- Fuel, oxygen and ignition sources and control measures
- Fire protection of buildings
- Safety of people in the event of fire
- Fire risk assessment
5 days plus one day open book examination (24 hours)
Also 20 hours of suggested self-study time
What can my employer gain from this qualification?
- A safer workplace – Fire safety is important. It protects people from injury and loss of life. It protects your property, your assets and your investment. People with the NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management know how to help employers avoid the damaging and sometimes catastrophic losses that result from fire.
- Legal compliance – UK fire legislation places responsibilities on employers and those in control of premises. Fire risks must be assessed and minimised and the safety of people should be safeguarded in the event of a fire. The NEBOSH National Fire Safety and Risk Management Certificate is designed to help meet these legal duties
- Return on investment – An employee with a NEBOSH National Fire Safety and Risk Management Certificate has a practical set of skills that brings real value to the modern
For further course information, advice and to book this course please contact Stella Mitchell:
phone: 0161 480 9822
Why Choose NEBOSH?
NEBOSH offer a comprehensive range of globally-recognised, vocationally-related qualifications designed to meet the health, safety, environmental and risk management needs of all places of work in both the private and public sectors.
Assurance – Employers whose staff are NEBOSH qualified is an employer committed to health and safety.
Return on investment – An employee with a NEBOSH General Certificate has a practical set of skills that brings real value to the modern global workplace.The qualification benefits managers, supervisors and staff from all types of organisations who need a broad understanding of health and safety issues.
A safer workplace – Health and safety is important. People with the NEBOSH know how to help their employer avoid prosecution, litigation, absence costs and loss of reputation, wherever they operate.
Why Choose SETA?
- Industry expertise- SETA is one of the most established Health and Safety providers in the North West, having been providing Health and Safety training for several decades.
- Tailored service- We develop bespoke programmes tailored to your company needs.
- Value- SETA offer competitive rates in all courses and offer excellent discounts to members and group bookings.
- Committed to success- SETA is dedicated to the achievement of candidates.
SETA offers the full range of NEBOSH courses delivered by expert trainers.