5 day Mechanical Maintenance Programme
Limited places available!
For further course information and to book a course please contact us:
Technical Skills Sales Co‑ordinator
Mobile: 07702 880655
Email : email@example.com
£975+VAT per person
18 Hammond Avenue
This course can also be delivered on company premises.
5 Day Mechanical Maintenance
Objective: To provide delegates with the necessary knowledge, skills and safe working practices to enable them to safely undertake a range of mechanical tasks in an industrial environment
Course duration: 5 days
Pre-course requirement: Delegates should have a basic understanding of the use of hand tools, along with an understanding of workplace health and safety.
Mechanical Transmission Systems
Demonstration and practice checking, adjusting, maintaining and rectifying the following:
• Gears and Gearboxes, Speed calculations
• Shafts and couplings including the fitting and extraction of keys
• Clutches: Mechanical and Pneumatic
• Belt, chain and sprocket drives
• Plain, ball and roller bearings: removal and replacement
• Brakes, Linkages, Cams
• Variable speed drives
• Conveyors, including guarding requirements
Demonstration and practice of the methods for performing routine adjustments by:
• Alignment techniques and shimming
• Principles of diagnosing mechanical faults
• Mechanical trade test to include all the topics covered during the course
ALL COURSE NOTES/WORK FOLDER AND
REFERENCE MATERIAL ARE PROVIDED ON OUR PROGRAMMES.
Please also be aware there will be home study, tests (both practical and theoretical) for all our programmes.