City & Guilds 18th Edition 2018 3 Day Programme
Limited places available!
For further course information and to book a course please contact us:
Phone: 0161 480 9822
3 Days plus half day Exam
19th – 21st May, exam 24th May
16th – 18th June, exam 21st June
21st – 23rd July, exam 26th July
£47 Exam fee
+ 18th Edition regulations book (This is to be attained yourself prior to the course) The cost for this book is usually around £80
18 Hammond Avenue
This course can also be delivered on company premises.
City & Guilds 18th Edition Wiring Regulations BS 7671:2018 3 Day Programme
This 3 day City & Guilds course will enable you to demonstrate a detailed knowledge as well as gaining familiarity with the layout, content and application of the IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition known as BS7671:2018 Requirements for Electrical Installations.
This Certificate ensures you are up-to-date with the latest industry regulations on wiring and the safe use and operation of electrical equipment and systems. The course is aimed at those involved with the design, installation or testing of electrical installations in accordance with the 18th Edition of the IET Wiring Regulations.
The course will be delivered over a 3 day period, with the exam on a separate day after a short period (usually a weekend) to revise. Please allow for this when scheduling work etc.
A basic understanding of electrical principles is recommended in order to be successful on this course.
The 18th edition course is aimed at practicing electricians, electrical contractors and those who require to have a good working knowledge of BS 7671. The aim of this 3 day electrical training course is to gain familiarity with the layout, content and application of the BS 7671: 2018 18th Edition Regulations. It is intended to ensure that on completion of this course, individuals are conversant with the format, content and the application of the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671: 2018 18th Edition Regulations.
Below is the key learning areas:
- Scope, object and fundamental principles of BS7671:2018
- Electrical definitions
- Assessment of general characteristics
- Requirements of protection for electrical safety
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Electrical inspection and testing
- Special installations or locations
- Use of the information within BS7671:2018 appendices
- Assessment includes a two hour online multiple-choice exam
- Energy efficiency
- Protection against fire – installation of arc fault detection devices (AFDDs)
- Protection against transient over voltage
How you will learn:
This course is entirely classroom based, it introduces wiring regulations and covers their application through explanation and worked examples. We will ensure that you are fully prepared for the City & Guilds 18th Edition test which is a 2-hour multiple-choice, on-line examination. The examination is ‘open book’, meaning that you will be able to look up wiring regulations and refer to the 18th edition book during the exam process.
Changes from 17th to 18th Edition are as follows:
- Definitions – expanded and modified
- Protection against electric shock – Chapter 41 has significant changes made to it, including changing the requirement for equipotential bonding in some installations.
- Protection against fire – Chapter 42 has been updated with extra information on arc fault detection.
- Protection against overvoltage – Clause 443 has been updated & overhauled.
- There have been changes to a lot of the Special installations including medical locations, electric vehicle charging points and heating cables and embedded heating systems.
- There have been changes to a number of the appendices including the provision of a new section on Energy efficiency.
SETA recommend that if you want to keep abreast of the pending changes and confirmed dates for implementation, you take the time to read the BS 7671: the 18th Edition report.
From this course you will receive C&G Certification for BS 7671:2018 – 18th Edition Regulations and can move on to Inspection and Testing qualifications: C&G 2391-52 (Level 3 Award in Inspection and Testing) or maybe PAT Testing.
Costs for 3 day course = £395.00 +VAT (This includes tuition, Lunch & Refreshments)
All delegates to supply their own copy of the 18th edition regulations book.
Exam fee £47.00 + vat per person
Please contact Katie Potes for more information – firstname.lastname@example.org
Office: – 0161 4809822
Mobile: – 07702880655