City & Guilds Inspection And Testing Electrical Equipment PAT Electrical Training Course
Limited places available!
For further course information and to book a course please contact us:
Phone: 0161 480 9822
£395 + VAT, plus £64 registration and certification fee.
3 days plus exam
1st – 3rd February, exam 4th February
22nd – 24th February, exam 25th February
18 Hammond Avenue
This course can also be delivered on company premises.
City & Guilds PAT Electrical Training Course
This qualification is designed for those involved in the inspection and testing of electrical equipment and/or managing the process.
The certificates available are:
• 2377-11 Certificate of Management of Electrical Equipment Maintenance
• 2377-12 Certificate for the Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
The qualification is based is based on the IEE Code of Practice.
Candidates for the Inspection and Testing certificate should be practising electricians.
Objective: To provide delegates with the necessary knowledge and safe working practices to enable them to carry out Testing and Inspection of portable appliances in accordance with current legislation
Pre-course requirements Delegates should have a knowledge and understanding of electrical principles along with an understanding of workplace health & safety. Please refer to the IEE website www.theiet.org/publishing/books/wir-reg/ and make reference to the ‘Code of Practice 2377 for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment’ ISBN 978-0-86341-833-4
Outcomes Successful completion of the course and on-line exam results in the issue of a City & Guilds Certification – Inspection and Test of Electrical Equipment
- Electrical accidents and injuries
- Safe isolation of electrical installations and fittings
- Legal implications of the 1989 Regulations
- Interpretation of the Regulations
- Safe Working Practices
- The requirement to test (Regulations Four – Electricity at Work Regulations)
- Identification of applicable appliances
- Labeling and Documentation
- The Tests
- Records/record keeping