Fundamentals of Electricity
Limited places available!
For further course information and to book a course please contact us:
Health & Safety Sales Manager
Phone: 0161 480 9822
Email : email@example.com
18 Hammond Avenue
This course can also be delivered on company premises.
Fundamentals of Electricity 3 Day Programme
Objective: To provide delegates with the necessary knowledge skills and safe working practices to enable them to safely undertake a range of electrical tasks in an industrial environment.
Course duration: 3 days
Delegates can be in any of our three levels of achievement to attend this programme, but need the Electrical Safety two day course and this three day course to progress to becoming an instructed person going forward.
Successful completion of the course will result in the issue of a SETA certificate of completion.
Fundamentals of Electricity:
- Ohms Law incorporating the definition of standard units.
- Electron theory
- Single and 3 Phase
- Protective devices, difference and use.
- Cable calculations
- Voltage drop and how to calculate
- Adiabatic equations and sizing protective conductors.
- IP Ratings and other relevant external influences
- Circuit types and sample layouts.
This is an introduction and a pre-requisite course to help delegates move forward with learning and knowledge building in the Electrical Engineering areas, and there will be home study required along with practical exercises.
Delegates would benefit from purchasing the following book prior to the course starting which can be purchased on Amazon:-
Students Guide to the IET Wiring Regulations (Electrical Regulations)
- Managing Safely and Efficiently
- Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Introduction to Legislation
- Industrial Legislation
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- The role of the Electrical Duty Holder
- Applying management principles to Safety & Health
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regs 1999
- Planning and implementing
- Hazard identification
- Control Strategies
- Process Hazards
- Descriptions of duties
- Work equipment and machinery
- Electrical safety in the workplace
- Safety Audit principles
- Five steps to safe systems of work
- Isolation and test equipment
- Practical exercises in the workplace