NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management
Limited Dates Available
For further course information please contact Stella:
Phone: 0161 480 9822
Email: Stella Mitchell
Duration: 5 Days + Exam
5 Days + Exam day (morning)
Please Note: Full NEBOSH certification for this qualification requires the completion of NG1 (or NGC1) within the previous 5 years
Price Fire Safety & Risk Management only:
£695.00 + VAT per person
NEBOSH NG1 + FC1 + FC2:
£1295.00 + VAT per person
|1st to 5th June 2020 – Block|
22nd, 29th October, 5th 12th
& 19th November 2020
18 Hammond Avenue
NEBOSH National Fire Certificate
|Course Dates 2020||Examination Day|
|1st to 5th June 2020 – Block||8th June 2020|
|22nd, 29th October, 5th, 12th, & 19th November 2020 – Day Release|
The National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management - A NEBOSH qualification for those with fire safety responsibilities in the workplace.
What kind of people take the NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management?
People with fire safety responsibilities at work.
It is particularly relevant for those who contribute to the conduct and review of fire risk assessments and preventative and protective measures within low risk workplaces.
What will I gain from this qualification?
Knowledge – Even in low-risk workplaces, protecting people and property from fire takes specialist know-how. The NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management gives you this knowledge.
Enjoyment – You’ll enjoy taking the NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management. You’ll discover skills and techniques that are useful and practical, not just theoretical.
Recognition – Holders of the National FireCertificate are entitled to:
● Associate Membership (AIOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). The qualification also meets
the academic requirements for Technician Membership of IOSH – (Tech IOSH).
● Technician Membership of the Institute of Fire Prevention Officers (IFPO) and the qualification meets the academic requirements for Associate Membership (AMIFPO). Persons with the relevant skills and experience may also apply to join the IFPO Fire Assessors Register.
Career development – Gaining specialist knowledge of fire safety can add another string to your bow and help bring success and advancement to your career.
What does the course cover?
Principles of fire and explosion, causes and prevention of fires, fire protection in buildings and ensuring the safety of people in the event of fire. Crucially, the practical element of the course also ensures that participants can carry out, unaided, a fire risk assessment and prepare a recommendations report for management within most low risk workplaces. Further details including a syllabus summary can be found on our website.
How is the course assessed?
Candidates are assessed with written examinations for each of the two taught units (NG1 and FC1). Candidates must carry out a fire risk assessment (FC2) in a real workplace to demonstrate application of the theory studied.
Are you already one step towards your next NEBOSH Certificate?
You do not have to sit Unit NGC1 again if you have passed it within the last five years.
What can my employer gain from this qualification?
- A safer workplace – Fire safety is important. It protects people from injury and loss of life. It protects your property, your assets and your investment. People with the NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management know how to help employers avoid the damaging and sometimes catastrophic losses that result from fire.
- Legal compliance – UK fire legislation places responsibilities on employers and those in control of premises. Fire risks must be assessed and minimised and the safety of people should be safeguarded in the event of a fire. The NEBOSH National Fire Safety and Risk Management Certificate is designed to help meet these legal duties
- Return on investment – An employee with a NEBOSH National Fire Safety and Risk Management Certificate has a practical set of skills that brings real value to the modern
Why Choose NEBOSH?
NEBOSH offer a comprehensive range of globally-recognised, vocationally-related qualifications designed to meet the health, safety, environmental and risk management needs of all places of work in both the private and public sectors.
Assurance – Employers whose staff are NEBOSH qualified is an employer committed to health and safety.
Return on investment – An employee with a NEBOSH General Certificate has a practical set of skills that brings real value to the modern global workplace.The qualification benefits managers, supervisors and staff from all types of organisations who need a broad understanding of health and safety issues.
A safer workplace – Health and safety is important. People with the NEBOSH know how to help their employer avoid prosecution, litigation, absence costs and loss of reputation, wherever they operate.
Why Choose SETA?
- Industry expertise- SETA is one of the most established Health and Safety providers in the North West, having been providing Health and Safety training for several decades.
- Tailored service- We develop bespoke programmes tailored to your company needs.
- Value- SETA offer competitive rates in all courses and offer excellent discounts to members and group bookings.
- Committed to success- SETA is dedicated to the achievement of candidates.
SETA offers the full range of NEBOSH courses delivered by expert trainers.