NEBOSH National General Certificate (Day Release)
Limited Dates Available
For further course information please contact Stella:
Phone: 0161 480 9822
Email: Stella Mitchell
Duration: 10 Days
10 Days Including exam.
Falls on a Monday and runs for 10 weeks
Unit NG1 – Open Book Examination
Cost: £1,195+ VAT
Next Course Date:
Day Release 21st September 2020
18 Hammond Avenue
Unit NG1 –
Open Book Examination
NG2 – See Below
|21st, 28th September, 5th, 12th October
19th, 26th October, 2nd, 9th, 16th & 23rd November 2020
NEBOSH National General Certificate (Day Release)
The National General Certificate is the most widely held health and safety qualification in the UK with over 100,000 people having gained the award.
What kind of people take the NEBOSH National General Certificate?
Managers, supervisors and staff from all types of organisations who need a broad understanding of health and safety issues. The certificate helps them manage risks effectively. Many people take the NEBOSH National General Certificate as a first step in a career in health and safety. It provides a valuable overview, and is a sound basis for further professional study.
To give delegates knowledge understanding of health and safety law and practice and a main health and safety qualification.
“Excellent course control and management, continually interacting with all delegates on the course. An intense course at times made fun and pleasurable. A thoroughly enjoyable experience. Thanks very much SETA and best wishes.”
NEBOSH National General Certificate Delegate
This is an externally examined basic qualification designed to help non-specialists to discharge more effectively their duties or functions in workplace health and safety.
This is offered as an open course at our Conference Centre, or it can be run in-company. It can be run as a two-week block; alternatively, it can be scheduled as two one-week blocks or as a series of weekly one-day courses.
How is this qualification recognised?
The NEBOSH National General Certificate meets the academic requirements for Technician membership (TechIOSH) of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and Associate membership (AIIRSM) of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
The NEBOSH National General Certificate is accredited at Level 3 within the National Qualification Framework (NQF) by the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) in England, the Department for Children, Education, Lifelong Learning and Skills (DCELLS) in Wales and the Council for Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) in Northern Ireland.
How is this course Assessed?
The Nebosh National General Certificate is made up of two units which must be completed successfully within five years to achieve this qualification.
- Unit NG1 – Open Book Examination
- Unit NG2 – A 3 hour practical assessment to be carried out in your workplace (or other workplace) and submitted by email to SETA no later than 12 working days after the last day of the course
Unit NG1: Management of Health & Safety
- Element 1: Why we should manage workplace Health & Safety
- Element 2: How Health & Safety Management Systams work and what they look like.
- Element 3: Managing Risk – Understanding people and process
- Element 4: Health & Safety monitoring and measuring
Unit NG2: Risk Assessment
- Element 5: Physical and Psychological Health
- Element 6: Musculoskeletal Health
- Element 7: Chemical and Biological agents
- Element 8: General Workplace Issues
- Element 9: Work Equipment
- Element 10: Fire
- Element 11: Electricity
- Unit NG1 – a 2 hour written (Classroom based) examination question paper
- Unit NG2 – A 3 hour practical assessment to be carried out in your workplace (or other work place)
Why Choose NEBOSH?
NEBOSH offer a comprehensive range of globally-recognised, vocationally-related qualifications designed to meet the health, safety, environmental and risk management needs of all places of work in both the private and public sectors.
Assurance – Employers whose staff are NEBOSH qualified is an employer committed to health and safety.
Return on investment – An employee with a NEBOSH General Certificate has a practical set of skills that brings real value to the modern global workplace.The qualification benefits managers, supervisors and staff from all types of organisations who need a broad understanding of health and safety issues.
A safer workplace – Health and safety is important. People with the NEBOSH know how to help their employer avoid prosecution, litigation, absence costs and loss of reputation, wherever they operate.
Why Choose SETA?
- Industry expertise- SETA is one of the most established Health and Safety providers in the North West, having been providing Health and Safety training for several decades.
- Tailored service- We develop bespoke programmes tailored to your company needs.
- Value- SETA offer competitive rates in all courses and offer excellent discounts to members and group bookings.
- Committed to success- SETA is dedicated to the achievement of candidates.
SETA offers the full range of NEBOSH courses delivered by expert trainers.