PLC Awareness 3 Day Programme
Limited places available!
For further course information and to book a course please contact us:
Technical Skills Sales Co‑ordinator
Mobile: 07702 880655
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
18 Hammond Avenue
Objective: To provide delegates with the necessary knowledge skills and safe working practices to enable them to safely undertake a range of electrical tasks in an industrial environment in the PLC generic area only.
This is to give the delegates the awareness with a mixture of theory and practical exercises and have the chance to develop, test and modify working logic ladder programmes.
Course duration: 3 days
Delegates can be in any of our three levels of achievement to attend this programme, but need to have the core 5 days course knowledge from the Electrical Safety and Fundamentals to progress to the next level of moving on to be an instructed person and a skilled person going forward
• Advantages of a PLC over Relay Logic Systems.
• Identifying the inputs and outputs of various types of PLC`s including Allen Bradley and Siemens.
• Introduction to programming a PLC
• Introduction to and, or and Latch, using normally open and closed switches.
• Editing a PLC program using a PLC simulation program
• Downloading and running a PLC program
• Programming the PLC simulator to run the program onto a conveyor system.
• Identifying photo sensors and other input devices used on typical production lines
• Downloading a logic ladder program onto a LJ conveyor system and fault finding along with looking at various software and hardware faults
This three day programme will include self-study and home study using simulation software, programming and wiring a conveyor system.
Each delegate will have a study pack with links to web sites with user friendly PLC simulation software.